Friday, November 15, 2019

PLANNING: MY TARGET AUDIENCE

When coming up with my opening sequence, I realised I needed to research my target audience and understand what type of people they are. This included their age, gender, ethnicity and social class. It is important for me to understand their media needs so I am able to produce a product that is something they will watch and enjoy. Lastly, in order to market our movie, I needed to find I way to reach the target audience. I will show how my research I found has influenced my planning by answering the questions below and including pictures to support my answers.

1. Who is my primary target audience?


British females and males aged from 15-34 who enjoys watching movies with drama and suspense. 




2. What kind of films and television are they likely to prefer?

After doing some film research we discovered that the film 'A Simple Favour' would seem like a popular movie for our target audience. It is a story about a lady trying to unravel the mystery behind her friends disappearance and along the way they found out secrets about her that no one knows. I think this movie is extremely good to relate to our movie opening as ours will be about a famous lady who tries to escape her scandal so leaves the country to not be discovered in huge detail.



3. What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they likely to see information about films?


Our audience is most likely to enjoy watching a movie in a niche market cinema such as Everyman or Curzon as they can experience the true richness and quality of it while also having an incredible experience. However, we feel that our audience will also enjoy we experiencing movies online on streaming websites like Netflix, Amazon or Sky and they may start to use other streaming services like Disney+



4. What brands do they prefer?


my audience profile



5. What makes my film stand out from the competition?


We are focusing on how famous people suffer in the spotlight and how being famous isn't as glamorous as we all dream it to be.  


. Why should my audience watch my film? For example:  Total Film / Empire / Cinema Scope / Slant / Sight and Sound says: Most powerful psychological thriller since Don't Look Now!


My audience should watch my film because even though there are films that also look at the lives of famous people such as musicians, mine differentiates as it looks at the personal lives of a celebrity and how they are effected and how it effects their family. It gives an in look on the lives we are hidden from and doesn't glamorise being famous. Its a personal, emotional, suspenseful film that is a must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment