Thursday, February 13, 2020

WELCOME MODERATOR

Image result for welcome gif


Evie Hand
Candidate number: 1727
Claremont Fan Court School: 64680

Welcome to my blog!

My production team: Morven McIntyre 1744, Leila Saville 1767, Jessica Power 1716

Our brief was to create a film opening, so we decided to go down the route of a modern film that is based on the life of a celebrity who is struggling in the spotlight. Our film opening shows her everyday struggles that she has to face, especially the huge scandal she has been involved in. We wanted to create a suspenseful movie that would attract a wide target audience.

Our film will be shown below, along with the planning and construction of the film.

Editing
When to came to editing all the clips we filmed, we came to the decision that myself and Morven would take on the roll of being the editors. I decided to take on the roll of editing the transition of the paparazzi photo that smoothly turned into the magazine. Here, I knew various sounds needed to be used to create maximum effect, so I added a heart beat sound and suspenseful music. Alongside Morven, we both mainly edited the paparazzi scene together, by layering multiple sounds on top of each other, and using multiple short clips it really gave the effect of our protagonist being bombarded by the paparazzi. By using final cut pro, it allowed me to really maximise my potential of editing and make the film opening as smooth and effective as possible. I had the idea to have the film very loud and busy to create the sense of how busy and fast paced Blake's life is. However, I choose to edit the part of her watching the scene to just have the diegetic sound of the wine being poured and the silence of the room. I felt this large contrast of sound really showed that the evenings were the only peaceful part of her life, which I am proud of coming up with and editing.

Directing
For directing I took on the role of directing the scene were Blake was watching TV while the paparazzi arrived at her window. This scene took a lot of directing as we needed to film the same clip multiple times to achieve the effect of many different camera angles for the same clip. While directing this scene, I needed to insure Blake always had all the props in the same positions when swapping camera angles. I enjoyed making sure the rest of my team had the flashing cameras on the outside of the house, while I was uncharge of actually filming that was going on. For the paparazzi scene, I enjoyed directing the actors to get them to walk into my camera and cover the lens with their hand, this way it really portrayed the idea that the paparazzi were unwelcome and not wanted. I wanted to take on the role of director as I love producing and watching videos / films so I wanted to be involved in directing so I was happy with where everything was placed and positioned. 

Camera Work
Within my group, I took on the main role as camera man. I have a passion for photography and videography so we thought we would use this to our advantage and for me to mainly film, of course with the help of my other group members too. When it came to filming, I used a mixture of my iPhone and a Canon camera, mainly using my phone as the quality and sound quality is very incredible. At some parts, we filmed things hand help, so I ensured this was as still and steady as could be to make it realistic which I am proud of. The main part of filming that I was proud of was all of the different camera angles while our protagonist is watching the news, I felt it was extremely smooth and created the image I wanted.









3 comments:

  1. Sophisticated use of film language that makes a convincing film opening. Thriller and film drama codes and conventions confidently exemplified, leaving audience with a 'hook'. Sophisticated technical elements (green screen editing, sound layering, creation of props like the gossip magazine); inventive sets; excellent casting; creative approach to lighting, camerawork, sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophisticated use of film language that makes a convincing film opening. Thriller and film drama codes and conventions confidently exemplified, leaving audience with a 'hook'. Sophisticated technical elements (green screen editing, sound layering, creation of props like the gossip magazine); inventive sets; excellent casting; creative approach to lighting, camerawork, sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Detailed research and planning throughout: 24 research & planning posts & preliminary exercises; thorough understanding of key concepts; creative, varied & detailed relevant planning; sophisticated implementation of research.

    ReplyDelete